December 21st, 2019
We just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holidays and a fantastic New Year! As this year comes to a close, we like to share some amazing accomplishments we have made as a team.
In 2019 we:
- sailed in 9 competitive regattas together adding up to about 40 days of racing hard!
- traveled to 6 different countries to race – Spain, Italy, England, Germany, Japan, New Zealand
- traveled to 4 different states domestically to train – Miami (FL), Oyster Bay (NY), Newport (RI), San Francisco (CA), Santa Barbara (CA), San Diego (CA)
- earned a spot in the Medal Race (top 10) in 2 regattas
- finished 9th at the 2019 World Championships
- are currently winning the US Olympic Trials to represent USA in the 2020 Tokyo Games
February 2020 will mark exactly two years since we started this journey together and it will mark the start of our second Olympic Trials event in Geelong, Australia. We are 60% of the way to our crowdfunding goal and we have 51 days left till the first day of racing at the 2020 World Championships. Thank you to the amazing group of 29 people who have already donated and supported us this far via GoFund Me!
Our goal is to raise $15,000. Your donation is fully tax deductible and you will receive a 501(c)3 receipt from the Sailing Foundation of New York.
With your help, we will be ready. The money we raise will go directly towards:
Please click HERE to donate via our GoFund Me page. We are proud of what we have accomplished as a team this year and we hope we have made all of you proud as well! We would like to personally thank the following for getting us to where we are now: the staff at Oakcliff Sailing, our family and friends who have already donated, the T2 Crossfit community, our amazing coach Willie Mcbride, Luther Carpenter, Mark Asquith, Charlie Mckee, Leandro Spina, San Diego Yacht Club, New York Yacht Club, North Cape Yacht Club, the Sailing Foundation of New York, the San Diego Sailing Foundation, and Olita Inc. who has been with us since August and has been a huge help keeping the sunburn to a minimum.
Last but not least, one of our top supporters, Joe Yost, has put on a t-shirt campaign for us! Be part of our ‘Community’ and buy a shirt! 100% of the net proceeds raised will go towards helping us get to Australia! Click HERE to purchase a shirt!
BRING IT ON 2020!
Paris & Anna